Saturday, June 19, 2010

ADVICE TO THE BLACK STARS

Last Sunday, the black stars of Ghana put on an absolute-mind-blowingly-astounding performance against the Serbians. And of course, they proved a lot of sceptics, including myself, very wrong. I must confess that this is the first time i’ve seen tactical discipline, teamwork and a great sense of professionalism in the team especially in the absence of key players like Muntari, Essien, Laryea Kingston, etc. We are and shall always remain the shining star and a glowing hope to the entire African continent. However, I have some advice for our players.


First of all, lot of concerns have been raised by some goalkeepers with respect to the Adidas-manufactured ball (Jabulani) for this particular world cup; that it’s too light and somewhat slippery. The credibility of this criticism was verified when I watched the game between the USA and England, specifically on the occasion where the light-shot ball slipped past the hands of Green, the England goalkeeper, straight into the net. Against this background, the black stars should capitalise on this and shoot at long distances.

Secondly, the stars must not allow complacency to set in; it is a debilitating phenomenon to sustaining first class excellence. We must put behind the fact that we’re the first African team to win in the group stages. I’m advising that the players together with the technical bench should be very discreet in analysing and estimating our opponents. Though we drew with Australian, we should focus ahead and beat the Germans.

Give me freedom, give me justice, give me Ghana, and give me black stars. When I get Black stars, I would be stronger, because we are good, just like the waving flag.

1 comment: