Saturday, June 26, 2010

PRECARIOUS EXISTENCE


The gradually glowing light of the sun made a perfect gaze on my countenance,


Slowly, my invisibly imprisoned eyes felt emancipated,

I stretched, yawn, and felt quite disappointed,

I thought taking a nap in the full glare of the transient moon would bury my problems and challenges,

This is unseemly, I rattled at nature,

Even under a cumulus cloud, struggle is inextricably interwoven into life’s transcendentals,

From selling on the streets to unprotected prostitution in brothels,

From striving to crawl and walk in one’s formative years to balancing of one’s life,

From fighting crime to providing basic amenities,

From political rebuttals in Accra to chieftaincy disputes in Gushegu,

Myriad of froms and tos are inextricable in this momentary environment,

We live in a precarious existence indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment